Preparation time and cooking time: 1 Hour - Serves: 4
- 2.2 lbs of diced lamb fillet
- 7oz of dried apricots
- 7oz of dried pitted prunes
- 2.5oz of toasted whole almonds
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of ground coriander
- ½ tablespoon of ground turmeric
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- ½ tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- In a large bowl, mix together cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, paprika, chopped onion, salt and minced garlic. Pour over 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add the diced lamb and stir. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Heat the oven at 300F. Pour 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a casserole dish over medium high heat and sear the lamb only until it reached a golden-brown color. Add the previously prepared seasoning mix as well as the dried apricots and pitted prunes. Transfer to the oven and cook for about 45 minutes until the lamb is tender.
- Remove from the oven, stir with the honey and toasted almonds and serve with couscous.